Up-incoming lodging properties that want to receive member benefits during their construction phase.
If you have a lodging property that is currently under construction in Colorado, you are eligible to become a Construction Member of the Association. Once the property opens we will pro-rate your regular lodging membership dues for the remainder of the calendar year. Construction Members receive the same benefits that a regular Lodging Member receives.
Annual Construction Membership Fee: $350.
Becoming active with your professional trade association gives you and your property a greater level of support and resources. From legal advice and guidance to legislative protection, networking, training, news and information. The dedicated CHLA staff work tirelessly to provide a true return on your membership investment. Here is a list of our benefits. Whether its marketing exposure or exclusive pricing for through our endorse provider programs, we ensure that membership has a positive impact on your bottom line! Become a CHLA Lodging member today!
ADVOCACY/LOBBYING AT THE CITY, STATE AND FEDERAL LEVEL
- CHLA actively works with its lobbyist - Precision Policy Group - to monitor and the Colorado legislative sessions to ensure onerous laws are defeated.
- CHLA regularly monitors state agencies to protect the industry from overregulation.
- Legislative Alerts, updates and take action notices on a regular basis while the session is open (Jan-May).
- Work closely with the American Hotel & Lodging Association to protect the industry at the federal level.
MARKETING TO CONSUMERS:
- Complimentary full-page descriptive listing on our website; enhancements available. (www.coloradolodging.com returns in the top five when “googling” Colorado).
- Public Relations stories and angles for the media.
TIMELY NEWS AND INFORMATION:
- Monthly "Quick Read" and Lodging Matters - e-blasts.
- CHLA Annual Directory and Buyer's Guide with a full listing of products and services you use every day plus a copy of the Colorado Innkeeper laws, a list of legislators and more.
- Free Legal Colorado Employers Handbook. Fisher & Phillips Law Firm provides expert advice for Employment Law issues.
- Free Legal Hotline for Lodging and Hospitality Employment Law. Sherman and Howard, LLP. answers members questions monthly.
- Free Accounting and Tax Benefits Hotline. EKS&H hotline is open to CHLA members only every month.
- Information Center at Conrad N. Hilton College at the University of Houston is dedicated to collecting and disseminating information regarding the hotel industry. (Note: must be an AH&LA member)
- Subscription to Lodging magazine. (Note: must be an AH&LA member)
NETWORKING, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING FOR ALL OPERATION AREAS:
- CHLA Annual Fall Conference. Two-day professional development conference and trade show held in the fall at The Broadmoor Hotel, Colorado Springs.
- CHLA Season Pass Education Series - one low rate per year provides unlimited access for you and your employees to onsite and webinar training on a variety of topics.
- Education Institute Training materials - DVDs, books and more discounted 20%-40% to CHLA members. (Note: Discounts apply to CHLA/AHLA dual members only)
- Hospitality Professional Certifications through the Education Institute at a discounted rate for CHLA/AHLA members.
Some of our featured networking opportunities throughout the year include:
- Delightful Dishes & Dreamy Getaways Event - Affords attendees an incredible night out complete with a hosted bar, over 15 gourmet food stations featuring some of Colorado’s top chefs, a live auction bidding paddle and live entertainment. More than 120 live and silent auction items include airline tickets, lift tickets, inclusive packages with airfare, magnums of wine, overnight stays and packages at hotels and resorts across the state, spa packages, sporting event tickets, sports memorabilia and much, much more. Proceeds benefit the Food Bank of the Rockies and the Legislative Readiness Fund.
- CHLA Golf "Meeting" - Fundraiser for the Legislative Readiness Fund. Usually in May. We break out the clubs for an afternoon of networking and golf!
SPECIALIZED ENDORSED AND COST SAVING PROGRAMS:
- CenterPoint Energy offers a discounted buying program for natural gas.
- Heartland Payment Systems offers discounted credit card processing services.
- Associates Insurance Group offers savings on workers compensation and free safety training.
- Staples - save up to 40% off your office supplies.
- Class Action Capital helps properties participate in recovery from class action settlements affecting the hotel industry.
- National Enrollment Services assists with tax credits for employers and employees.
We look forward to having you as a new member of the CHLA today! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding membership.