Membership is open to any lodging establishment in Colorado.
Becoming active with your professional trade association gives you and your property a greater level of support and resources. From legal advice and guidance to legislative protection, networking, training, news and information. The dedicated CHLA staff work tirelessly to provide a true return on your membership investment. Here is a list of our benefits. Whether its marketing exposure or exclusive pricing for through our endorse provider programs, we ensure that membership has a positive impact on your bottom line!
Become a CHLA Lodging member today!
ADVOCACY/LOBBYING AT THE CITY, STATE AND FEDERAL LEVEL:
- CHLA is the ONLY STATE trade association that educates and advocates for every segment of the lodging industry on important legislative issues
- CHLA actively works with our lobbyist at Precision Policy Group to monitor and the Colorado legislative session each year and to ensure onerous laws are defeated
- CHLA actively works with our lobbyists at CRL Associates to monitor City issues that could effect the lodging industry within the Denver Metro Area
- CHLA regularly monitors state agencies to protect the industry from overregulation
- Capitol Connection e-newsletter with legislative alerts, updates and take action notices provided on a weekly basis while the legislature is in session each year (January - May)
- Work closely with the American Hotel & Lodging Association at the national level to lobby and protect the lodging industry regarding federal issues.
MARKETING TO CONSUMERS:
- Complimentary descriptive listing on our website; enhancements available
(www.coloradolodging.com returns in the TOP FIVE search results when Googling "Colorado Hotels" and "Colorado Lodging")
- Public Relations stories and angles for the media
- CHLA members receive a 10% discount off their listing in the Official State Vacation Guide and on Colorado.com website.
- For $99 a year, list your property on our Travellers Page where visitors planning their vacations can book direct to your property reservation system. JackRabbit powered, this option eliminates any commissions or booking fees.
TIMELY NEWS AND INFORMATION:
- Monthly Lodging Matters - e-newsletter blasts
- CHLA Annual Resource Guide with a full listing Allied Member contacts for products and services you use every day...plus a copy of the Colorado Innkeeper Laws, a list of your annual legislators and more
- Free Legal Hotline for Legal Issues. Sherman & Howard Law Firm provides expert advice for Employment Law issues
- Free Accounting and Tax Benefits Hotline. EKS&H hotline is open to CHLA members only every month
- Colorado Employment Compliance Guide provided by Fisher & Phillips.
- Rocky Mountain Lodging Reports based upon data participation.
- Information Center at Conrad N. Hilton College at the University of Houston is dedicated to collecting and disseminating information regarding the hotel industry (Note: must be an AH&LA member)
- Subscription to Lodging magazine. (Note: must be an AH&LA member)
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING FOR ALL OPERATIONAL AREAS:
- CHLA Season Pass Education Series - one low rate per year provides unlimited access for you and your employees to on site seminars and webinar trainings on a variety of topics
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) Training materials - DVDs, books and more discounted 20%-40% to CHLA members
(Note: Discounts apply to AH&LA members only)
- Hospitality Professional Certifications through the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) at a discounted rate for CHLA members
FEATURED NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR INCLUDE:
- Delightful Dishes & Dreamy Getaways Event - Affords attendees an incredible night out complete with a hosted bar, over 12 gourmet food stations featuring some of Colorado’s top chefs, a live auction bidding paddle and live entertainment. More than 100 live and silent auction items include ski lift tickets, golf packages, restaurant certificates, overnight stays and packages at hotels and resorts across the state and country, spa packages, sporting event tickets, sports memorabilia and much, much more. Proceeds benefit the Volunteers of America and the CHLA Legislative Readiness Fund.
- CHLA Golf "Meeting" - Fundraiser for the Legislative Readiness Fund. Usually in May. We break out the clubs for an afternoon of networking and golf!
- CHLA Summer Gathering - A day of CHLA Committee Meetings and Board of Director Meeting followed by entertainment and evening reception.
- CHLA Broadmoor Golf Tournament - Fundraiser for our LodgePAC Fund. Usually toward the end of August. We break out the clubs for a day of golf at the beautiful five-star, five-diamond Broadmoor Hotel in Coloardo Springs, CO followed by an evening reception. Great for networking!
- CHLA Annual Fall Conference. Two-day professional development conference and held in the fall at The Broadmoor Hotel, Colorado Springs. Education, networking, Stars of the Industry Awards Program and annual Hotelier of the Year Dinner.
SPECIALIZED ENDORSED AND COST SAVING PROGRAMS:
- CenterPoint Energy offers a discounted buying program for natural gas
- Associates Insurance Group offers savings on workers compensation and safety training.
- Heartland Payment Systems offers discounted credit card processing services
- Class Action Capital helps properties participate in recovery from class action settlements affecting the hotel industry.
- National Enrollment Services assists with tax credits for both employers and employees.
- Staples - save up to 40% off your office supplies.
We look forward to having you as a new member of the CHLA today! Email email@example.com with questions regarding membership.